Software Secured is a leading Penetration Testing as a Service (PTaaS) company, with a head office in beautiful Ottawa, Canada. We help software development teams get ahead of hackers, using a suite of services and products.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative🧑💻 to join the team and help our clients continuously ship code faster and build more secure software, while enabling our Sales team to educate our clients on pentesting.
At this time, the role is only available to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or work visa holders.
In this role, your responsibility includes the following:
- Research and qualify leads
- Nurture and book leads, handing them over to the sales team
- Book leads from cold outreach activities and facilitates handover to the sales team
- Document activities and continuously update CRM
- Participate in strategy discussions and operational tactics designed to increase bookings and nurture qualified leads from diverse lead sources
- Own and improve the business development function
- Assist sales team with proposal writing
- Monitor market trends and competitor activities in order to identify potential opportunities for business development activities.
- Support in the development and maintenance of channel partner relationships.
What we're looking for:
- Experience with an inbound, partner, and outbound lead generation and nurturing activities
- Experience with technology companies with long and complex sales cycles.
- Experience creating workflows and updating contact/company/deal information in CRMs (Hubspot)
- Interest in cybersecurity, security compliance, bonus if you know what pentesting is and how it can help a tech startup scale!
- College or bachelor’s degree, coupled with working experience
- Between 2 - 4 years of experience in a similar setting/role
- Able to contribute to a positive working environment
- Independently manage tasks, while communicating blocks and opportunities to the team
- Comfortable with repetitive tasks as well as stretch learning
- Organized and detail-oriented for tracking plans and results
- Fast learner and ability to adapt to new tactics quickly
- Able to work in a team, share your ideas and respond to constructive feedback
What we're offering:
- 🍁 Work remotely anywhere in Canada (you're welcome to work in the Ottawa office when you'd like the option).
- 🌍 Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 2 months per year.
- 💰 Yearly profit-sharing between 8 - 15% of your salary, based on your performance.
- 💸 Perks such as: monthly UberEats budget, annual home office stipend.
- 🌴 3 weeks of vacation to start. Additionally, the whole company is off for the week between Christmas and the New Year.
- 📕 You will receive two weeks per year and a budget to dedicate to training and self-development.
- 🍼 Parental, bereavement and child loss leave.
- 🏥 You will receive an awesome health benefits package (includes dental, vision, practitioners, etc.).
- 🎧 You will receive a free audible account.
Our Core Values:
- Keeping it Secure: Software Secured’s mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about ensuring our clients can do what they do without having to worry about hackers disrupting their work.
- Curiosity and humility: We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. We hire the best of the best and humility is the key to remaining the best.
- Own it: our engineers work hard to improve the state of web application security. To get there, we need to own every project, every assessment, every challenge, and every line of code.
- Dive Deep: hard problems require diving deep to understand the real cause of the problem. We are not afraid of diving deep to come up with the best solutions.
- Bold: we take huge risks so our clients can minimize theirs. Taking risks is part of what we do daily, so we can ensure the highest impact of our solutions.
We value building a diverse and inclusive working environment and we hope that folks with different backgrounds apply for our roles and add to our culture.
One of our current initiatives is to uplift Women in Tech within our company and in the broader community. We began a panel series to discuss the various barriers women tend to face in the tech industry and strategies to overcome those challenges. Check out the event page for our first panel and the recording of the panel if you missed it!