Discover if this role is right for you
Software Secured is a leading Penetration Testing as a Service (PTaaS) company, with a head office in beautiful Ottawa, Canada. We help software development teams get ahead of hackers, using a suite of cybersecurity services and products.
As an Account Executive at Software Secured, your main role is to meet with prospective clients, consult on their pentest plans, and help qualified buyers feel confident putting their trust in our team.
Software Secured focuses on helping startups, scaleups and SMBs comply with industry specific Governance, Risk and Compliance frameworks (SOC 2, ISO27001 & PCI DSS, HIPAA etc), prove security maturity to enterprise buyers with stringent security requirements and gain peace of mind that their most sensitive company assets have been secured. The purpose of this position is to help grow the current sales team and company by being fully focused on acquiring new business.
Main responsibilities include:
- Research, qualify, nurture and book calls with leads from various sources (inbound, partner, referrals, outbound)
- Lead pentest planning, proposal review, and closing meetings with multiple stakeholders, including technical and non-technical buyers of startups, scaleups, and SMBs across North America
- Continuously educate yourself on security compliance and SaaS security by leveraging company-provided and external resources
- Build value based on client business goals, gain access to power, and drive urgency with a consultative approach
- Document activities and continuously update CRM (Hubspot)
- Participate in strategy discussions and operational tactics designed to increase bookings, deal size and decrease days to close
- Work with Sales Operations to ensure accurate information is available for proposal writing and SOWs
- Monitor market trends and competitor activities in order to identify business development opportunities
What we are looking for:
- Consultative approach: customers appreciate our knowledge, as our future Account Executive, you need to show that you can master pentesting and compliance knowledge, answer questions from technical stakeholders and build trust. We will want to understand how you achieved and exceeded your sales KPIs from the past 2 years to learn how you approach challenges and what you need to succeed.
- Get sh*t done: the role includes a lot of context switching and wearing multiple hats, the Account Executive needs to show speed, agility and strategic execution and comes with 2-5 years of Full Time work experience, preferably in a B2B environment.
- Coachability: Software Secured has a lean Sales team, including our CEO, Head of Sales, Channel Partner Manager and you, our dedicated Account Executive. The ability to hear feedback and apply it to sales efforts immediately has helped us increase deal size, closing ratio and reduce sales cycle while maintaining integrity in our process. We expect more of this.
- Sales experience: the ability to show strategic execution working directly with leads, referring partners, internal business and technical team members. We are looking for quality over quantity, and need you to be skilled at gaining access to power and building champions across multiple stakeholders.
- Complex buying processes: our customers are busy building and maintaining security compliance programs, creating awesome products and managing cash flow during an economic recession. They deserve respect and empathy. We sell to CTOs, vCISOs, Directors of Engineering, CEOs, CFOs, and Security & Compliance Officers and need you to build credibility so they know their security investment in Software Secured was the right decision.
- Domain knowledge: the ability to show domain expertise with the services you are selling and the business effect of those services. An interest in cybersecurity, compliance and how pentesting can help tech startups scale will set you apart.
- Startup experience: we are a growing company, our revenue targets are consistently increased by 50% year over year as the market is ready for real penetration testing from a team of FT Canadian hackers. You will need to have grit, take the initiative, roll with it when we are building the plane as we're flying it, and the ability to influence, define and document the process.
- Detail orientation: if it's not in HubSpot, it's not real. We need you to document your progress in our CRM, complete repetitive tasks, ensure Sales Ops activities can be conducted with ease (Proposals and SOWs) and work effectively across multiple Canadian timezones in a hybrid remote environment; experience with HubSpot is strongly preferred.
At this time, the role is only available to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or work visa holders.
What we're offering:
- 🍁 Work remotely anywhere in Canada (you're welcome to work in the Ottawa office when you'd like the option).
- 🌍 Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 2 months per year.
- 💰 Yearly profit-sharing between 8 - 15% of your salary, based on your performance.
- 💸 Perks such as: monthly UberEats budget, annual home office stipend.
- 🌴 3 weeks of vacation to start. Additionally, the whole company is off for the week between Christmas and the New Year.
- 📕 You will receive two weeks per year and a budget to dedicate to training and self-development.
- 🍼 Parental, bereavement and child loss leave.
- 🏥 You will receive a great health benefits package (includes dental, vision, practitioners, etc.).
Our Core Values:
- Passion for security: Security and privacy matters more than anything else. We prioritize it within all of our business decisions as a part of our goal to make the digital world a little safer.
- Growth Mindset: Security is an ever-changing field. Through curiosity, constant learning (and unlearning), and humility, we can stay ahead of the curve.
- Determination: Tough problems are something we'll never shy away from. Instead, problems are seen as an opportunity to do better, create new solutions, and innovate.
- Integrity: Integrity drives everything we do. We are honest, straightforward, honest, and committed to doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
We value building a diverse and inclusive working environment and we hope that folks with different backgrounds apply for our roles and add to our culture.
Open positions in our sales team.
Say goodbye to 300+ page penetration test reports
Providing the quality of the biggest names in security without the price tag and complications.
Manual penetration testing
Full time Canadian hackers